New In-Room OLED TVs Join Flat and Curved, Double-Sided OLED Commercial Displays, Delivering Unmatched Picture Quality and Versatility for Hospitality Industry
NEW ORLEANS, June 21, 2016 – LG Electronics USA Business Solutions today announced the world’s first OLED TVs designed specifically for hotel rooms.
These razor-thin 55- and 65-inch class TVs combine the stunning picture quality of OLED – perfect blacks, intense colors and infinite contrast – with LG’s industry-leading hotel TV technologies, for the first time. Unveiled at HITEC 2016, the LG OLED hotel TVs further expand LG’s family of OLED commerical displays, which feature the unparalleled picture quality of LG’s award-winning OLED consumer TVs – hailed by industry experts as the pinnacle of display innovation.
LG OLED displays for hotel rooms and public spaces cater to premium hoteliers seeking inventive, immersive high-end solutions that offer an unrivaled guest experience, according to Michael Kosla, vice president, hospitality, LG Electronics USA Business Solutions.
“LG OLED hotel TVs are revolutionizing the hospitality industry by offering the very best picture quality available today, promising a lasting impression on today’s most discerning business and leisure travelers. The expanded lineup of LG commercial OLED technologies empowers hoteliers to reach and engage guests throughout the hotel, from luxury suites to public spaces, in ways never thought possible. This is truly the next generation of TV technology for hotel guests,” Kosla said.
OLED is an entirely new display category that uses a revolutionary technology to deliver an awe-inspiring picture with infinite contrast and incredible color, even from wide viewing angles, unlike anything that LCD/LED TVs can deliver. Thanks to OLED technology’s unique capability to turn each pixel on or completely off, LG OLED TVs produce perfect blacks and flawlessly render crisp, vibrant colors and rich shadow details, even when bright objects are directly next to deep, dark areas (unlike LCD TVs, which have a halo effect from light bleeding).
‘Dazzling’ Guests in Their Hotel Rooms
The 55- and 65-inch class (54.6 and 64.5 inches measured diagonally, respectively) LG OLED hotel TVs combine an entirely unique aesthetic and picture quality only possible with OLED technology, for an unparalleled, dazzling guest-room entertainment experience.
In addition to delivering finest details of color and gradation, OLED’s incomparable picture quality holds up even from wide viewing angles, so guests can appreciate the TV’s color and clarity from any seat in the room. LG’s OLED hotel TVs also come equipped with powerful 4K upscaling.
LG OLED hotel TVs feature the Pro:Idiom® digital rights management system, LG’s Pro:Centric® interactive TV platform, and embedded b-LAN capability. LG OLED hotel TVs also offer guests the latest webOS 3.0 Smart TV Platform, to make finding and switching between LG’s expanded content options – including broadcast TV, streaming services and external devices – simple and fast.
Engaging Hotel Guests in Public Areas
Complementing the unparalleled in-room guest experience made possible by LG OLED hotel TVs are other new OLED commercial displays also launching in the United States this year. LG’s OLED Dual-view Flat and Curved Tiling displays are ideal for impactful digital signage installations in hotel lobbies, VIP clubs, fitness centers, restaurants, business centers and other high-profile public areas:
- The LG Dual-view Flat OLED display offers a space-efficient view to provide customers a two-sided media experience in Full HD (1920x1080) resolution. With its very slim profile, measuring under 8mm, and three different installation options – ceiling suspension, wall-mount and floor stand – this unique flat OLED commercial display allows retailers to plan the most efficient use in any retail space while utilizing a high-end display solution. The 55-inch class (54.64 inches measured diagonally) display has the unique ability to swap and mirror content on either side of the screen with a simple press of a remote control button.
- The LG Dual-view Curved Tiling OLED display offers a beautifully curved design using slim tiles to form customizable displays that link two, three or four tiles together. The 65-inch class (64.53 inches diagonally) portrait display’s paper-thin, eye-catching dual-sided view offers customers a multi-media experience while providing retailers a way to utilize their space efficiently. Each screen offers 4K Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160) resolution and showcases a bigger, bolder and more lifelike viewing experience to capture consumer attention effortlessly. High-performance system-on-a-chip (SoC) and a large internal memory capacity enable perfect UHD-synced playback without the need for PCs or media players.
Visitors to LG’s booth at HITEC 2016 (June 21-23, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, #1125) will be able to experience LG OLED hotel TVs first hand.
Why Choose Us?
- Consultative Experts
- 25,000 Sq. Ft. Warehouse
- Equipment Sales & Rentals
- Professional, Expert Technicians
- $4 Million in State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Over 25 Years of Industry-Leading Experience