17 finalists for the Sixth Annual Women Tech Awards announced, including Cory Schaeffer of Listen Technologies.
The Women Tech Council (WTC) announced 17 finalists for the Sixth Annual Women Tech Awards. The program recognizes technology-focused women who are driving innovation, leading technology companies and are key contributors to the community. The finalists and award recipients will be honored at an awards luncheon on Thursday, September 12, 2013, at the Grand America Hotel.
Cory Schaeffer, Co-Founder of Listen Technologies had this to say of her nomination, “What I appreciate most about the Women Tech Council is the networking opportunities I have had to meet accomplished women making an impact in our community. It’s an honor to be recognized as a finalist among this group of dynamic women.”
Over the past six years the WTC has honored 90 women, 15 university students and sponsored over 100 high school students for the awards helping to inspire the next generation of STEM focused students. Recently the WTC launched a scholarship program which offered seven high school students, pursuing STEM degrees, scholarships. They have also introduced the Academic Excellence Award for university-level students. WTC is thrilled to be able to impact the education community in such a meaningful way.
Finalists, listed alphabetically:
- Shani Allsop, Rees Capital
- Elena Balasa, L-3 Communications
- Catherine Ball, Ancestry.com
- Cheryl Snapp Conner, Snapp Conner PR
- Cathy Donahoe, Domo
- Ashley Dreier, Health Equity
- Melissa Floor, Chargeback
- Sharlene Hawkes, Remember My Service Productions
- Amanda Hudson, Western Governors University
- Maile Keone, VacationRoost
- Kristi Knight, Vivint
- Denise Leleux, eBay
- Cory Schaeffer, Listen Technologies
- Lynda Talgo, eBay
- Zlatina Todorov, O.C. Tanner
- Clare Wysocki, ATK
The three Academic Excellence Finalists are:
- Sara Ehlert, Brigham Young University, Electrical Engineering
- Rosalie Griffin, University of Utah, Bioengineering
- ayna Stevenson, Westminster College, Computer Science
About Listen Technologies Corporation
For more than a decade, Listen Technologies has brought power and clarity to the sounds that enrich your life—by overcoming the challenges of noise, distance, lively debate and hearing loss to deliver precise and personalized audio in any setting or environment. With Listen solutions, you can cut through the clutter and connect to an experience of pure, focused sound. Listen solutions are used in gathering places around the world including schools, houses of worship, factories, entertainment venues, government agencies and more. For more information on Listen solutions, contact Listen Technologies at 1.800.330.0891, +1.801.233.8992, or visit www.listentech.com.
Why Choose Us?
- Consultative Experts
- 25,000 Sq. Ft. Warehouse
- Equipment Sales & Rentals
- Professional, Expert Technicians
- $4 Million in State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Over 25 Years of Industry-Leading Experience