MONTVALE, N.J., Jan. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Sharp has been recognized as a 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters. The inaugural program identifies the tech industry's most operationally sound and financially successful organizations.
The study, the industry's first holistic assessment of today's leading tech companies, utilizes a 28-point, data-driven algorithm to objectively identify organizations with the fortitude for the future in today's complex business environment. The patent pending methodology, developed by the Thomson Reuters Boston Innovation Lab, is based on eight principle pillars of performance: Financial, Management and Investor Confidence, Risk and Resilience, Legal Compliance, Innovation, People and Social Responsibility, Environmental Impact, and Reputation. These companies are those whose final scores across the pillars outshine over 5,000 other technology companies around the world.
"Sharp is proud to be recognized as a Top 100 Global Technology Leader by Thomson Reuters," said Doug Albregts, President and CEO, Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America. "This achievement is a true testament to the hardworking men and women who help to make Sharp one of the world's most influential and innovative leaders, as we adapt to an ever-evolving technological landscape."
"Tech companies operate at warp speed confronting competitive, regulatory, legal, financial, supply chain and myriad other business challenges. Oftentimes, their financial success overshadows operational integrity, making it difficult to identify those organizations with true fortitude for future success," said Alex Paladino, global managing director of the Thomson Reuters Technology Practice Group. "With the Top 100 Global Tech Leaders, we've identified the unique data points that embody technology industry leadership in the 21st century; congratulations to the companies that made the list."
Key Findings among the 2018 Top 100 Global Technology Leaders:
- In addition to being recognized as the first, true valuation of global technology leaders, these organizations outperform the Nasdaq, S&P 500 and MSCI World indices in year-over-year stock price change by 3.91 percent, 4.04 percent and 7.1 percent respectively.
- Outperform these indices across other factors including YOY R&D investment, employee percent change and revenue percent change.
- Forty-five percent are headquartered in the United States; Japan and Taiwan are the next most prolific regions with 13 top 100 tech companies each.
Visit http://tr.com/top100tech to access the full report and view the complete list of 2018 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Technology Leaders. Join the discussion on Twitter #TRtech100.
Why Choose Us?
- Consultative Experts
- 25,000 Sq. Ft. Warehouse
- Equipment Sales & Rentals
- Professional, Expert Technicians
- $4 Million in State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Over 25 Years of Industry-Leading Experience