NILES, IL and LAS VEGAS, NV April 11, 2011— Shure Incorporated has responded to the needs of the broadcast/media production industry and is previewing four new professional shotgun microphones at this year’s NAB show. The new VP89 (available in three interchangeable lengths: long, medium, and short) and VP82 provide the exceptional audio quality Shure is known for as well as flexibility for use in a wide range of professional media production applications.
The VP89 models (VP89/L, VP89/M, and VP89/S) are professional shotgun microphones for use in critical sound capture media production applications. Featuring superior Shure design and rugged, roadworthy construction, the versatile and lightweight VP89 models suit a variety of production needs.
“The VP89 was designed with interchangeable long, medium, and short barrel lengths,” says Chad Wiggins, Category Manager for Wired Products at Shure. “We knew industry pros wanted different size options for shotgun microphones, and that’s what we’ve created with the VP89. But it’s not just about the modularity - all three models provide incredible audio quality with low coloration of off-axis sound for very natural ambient audio.”
The VP89/L is ideal for use during sporting events or field recording, as it targets sources of high volume over long distances. The VP89/M, offering a wider target aperture for higher ambience, is well suited for audience response, talk shows, and live concerts. The VP89/S is perfect for camera mounting and features a wide pickup angle for the highest ambience.
The compact and lightweight VP82 provides excellent off-axis rejection for use in sound capture and reinforcement in camera-mounted A/V media production applications. With an integrated preamplifier design, the VP82 offers extraordinary performance and exceptional value.
“All of our shotgun microphones are lightweight, can withstand the elements, and they just sound amazing,” adds Wiggins. “They’re perfect for the user looking for rugged, reliable utility tools that provide the exceptional sound quality only Shure can offer. When you’re on location, you want microphones you can depend on, even when there are environmental challenges. These get the job done.”
The VP89 and VP82 continue the 25-year legacy of the SM89, Shure’s well-known and respected long shotgun microphone.
Unique features of the VP89 (L, M, S) Shotgun Microphone include:
• Updated technology, including state-of-the-art preamplifier redesign with RF immunity
• Modularity: interchangeable long, medium, and short capsules available
• Smaller footprint: significantly shorter and more lightweight
• Durable carrying case and foam windscreen (included)
• Full range of optional complementary accessories, including a unique A89U space-saving “double-barrel” adapter
Unique features of the VP82 Shotgun Microphone include:
• Integrated preamplifier design (not modular)
• Wide aperture for near-field sound sources
• Provides natural off-axis rejection
• Zipper pouch and foam windscreen (included)
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for the VP89/L, VP89/M, VP89/S, and VP82 shotgun microphones is TBD, and all of the products will be available in summer 2011.
Why Choose Us?
- Consultative Experts
- 25,000 Sq. Ft. Warehouse
- Equipment Sales & Rentals
- Professional, Expert Technicians
- $4 Million in State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Over 25 Years of Industry-Leading Experience